Art Sciences and Art Education, Art and Communication Practices
2023S, artistic Seminar (SEK), 2.0 ECTS, 2.0 semester hours, course number S03697
Where can we find the essence of cinematic illusion when we look into everyday life, and what happens when we use everyday situations, objects, spaces, and actions as cinematographic mechanisms? During the course, we will use everyday objects and actions to cause, activate and reveal narratives and understandings of how we perceive the moving image illusions.
• The prehistory of Cinema (precinematic inventions)
• Introduction to Non Stop Stop Motion and the art of documenting cinematic illusion
• Introduction to fast animation techniques (Scanimation, Pixilation, Manual Collage Animation, Strob illusions, etc)
• Visiting the Technical Museum of Vienna and guiding through the historic cinema technologies
• Tricks of Budget Cinema production and camera techniques
• Learning how to build Laterna Magica projectors with everyday materials
• Introduction to the contemporary Expanded Cinema and performative animation
• How technical limitations extract new narratives.
Place: Besprechungsraum 11 (VZA7, 4.OG)
17 March 2023,15:00-18:00
31 March 2023,15:00-18:00
21 April 2023, 15:00-18:00
28 April 2023, 15:00-18:00
05 May 2023, 15:00-18:00
12 May 2023, 15:00-18:00
19 May 2023, 15:00-18:00
Online registration at the base and at: email@example.com
Die Lehrveranstaltung ist anrechenbar für:
im BA Studium für FOR: Technologien/ Praxen (kkp) (2ECTS)
Presence, participation, and practical work during the course.
Presentation of an artistic work and delivery of its documentation in a short video.
From 01 February 2023, 13:04 to 31 March 2023, 13:04
Via online registration
Art Education: subject kkp (Bachelor): Künstlerische Praxis (kkp): FOR: Technologien / Praxen (kkp) 067/001.21
Co-registration: not possible
Attending individual courses: not possible