Architecture, Building Construction
2023S, scientific seminar (SEW), 3.0 ECTS, 2.0 semester hours, course number S01983
The focus is on facade connections of resource-optimized and cycle-compatible design. Prominent architectural examples (both solid and lightweight construction) will be shown in the seminar. Followed by elaboration of details for an actual studio project.
For all building construction courses pre-start in winterterm:
"Building Construction Basics" (crash course):
05.10.2022, 09:00- 11:00 (Karin), 11:15-13:00 (Franz), 14:00-16:00 (Anja) | Seminar room 09 (OKPV, 1st floor).
Related test: 14.10.2022 - 09:00 to 11:00 | Seminar room 10 (OKPV, 1.OG)
The course and the exam are compulsory for all who wish to complete Building Construction A, B or C!
Building Construction B seminar in summerterm:
The seminar consists of 3 parts:
2) A case-study research on a given topic to deepen the understanding of the course contents.
3) Apply the acquired knowledge to your own studio project.
The construction is to be developed for the current or an earlier studio project.
Attendance of the"The Making of..."-lectures is compulsory!
Certificates for Building Construction B (S01983) are granted for successful presentation and documentation of the project.
Hand-in for Building Construction A/B/C and/or Integration
please do not forget to incorporate your name, studio, Matrikel Nr., course, drawing scale and very important labeling of different building parts / components / layers / materials / material thickness ;-)
The presentation should include:
1) case study - please get the template with the following link: https://base.uni-ak.ac.at/cloud/index.php/s/EXMYdnv6B5uuJhy
2) a structural concept of the entire project (or a larger part of it as agreed with the tutors)
3) plans, sections, elevations (scale as agreed with the tutors)
4) 3 details 1:10, 3 different details drawn as a vertical section and a horizontal section (makes 6 details in total)
5) exploded assembly drawing of the building envelope
Examples of student work can be found: https://buildingconstruction.at/seminar/bc-b/
14 March 2023, 10:45–12:15 Seminar Room 6
21 March 2023, 10:45–12:15 Seminar Room 6
28 March 2023, 10:45–12:15 Seminar Room 6
18 April 2023, 10:45–12:15 Seminar Room 6
25 April 2023, 10:45–12:15 Seminar Room 6
02 May 2023, 10:45–12:15 Seminar Room 6
09 May 2023, 10:45–12:15 Seminar Room 6
16 May 2023, 10:45–12:15 Seminar Room 6
23 May 2023, 10:45–12:15 Seminar Room 6
06 June 2023, 10:45–12:15 Seminar Room 6
13 June 2023, 10:45–12:15 Seminar Room 6
From 01 October 2022, 08:00 to 14 March 2023, 18:00
Via online registration
Architecture (Master): Expertise: Architectural Science: Building Construction
Individual courses: possible