Architecture, Building Construction
2020S, Seminar (SE), 3.0 ECTS, 2.0 semester hours, course number S01983
Focus is laid upon facade connections. Prominent architectural examples (massiv- as well as lightweight construction) will be shown in the seminar. Afterwards development of details for current studio project.
For all building construction courses pre-start in winterterm:
A 3-day course „Building Construction Basics“ on 7 (11 am - 1:30 pm ), 8 (9:30 am - 12) and 9 October 2019 (10 am - 12:30), followed by an exam on 10 October at 10 am to 1 pm. The course takes place in SR06.
The course and the exam are compulsory for all who wish to complete Building Construction A, B or C!
Building Construction B seminar in summerterm:
The seminar consists of 3 parts:
2) A case-study research on a given topic to deepen the understanding of the course contents.
Hand-out will be on the 9th of April and hand-in on the 6th of May.
3) Apply the acquired knowledge to your own studio project.
The construction is to be developed for the current or an earlier studio project. A two-day workshop on the 6th and 7th of May serves as a kick-start to detail parts of your current studio project.
On the first workshop day, the structure and details of a selected building area are sketched on paper (structure and details have been already determined during the seminar). The focus is on a specific topic that relates to the contents of the course. Your work is supported by intensive supervision by the building construction team.
On the second day, frequently recurring problems and questions are discussed at the round table. Participation is mandatory. The exercise is continued in individual work and accompanied by regular desk crits.
The results will be evaluated/judged by a jury in a final presentation in the 8th of October.
Attendance of the workshop and "The Making of..."-lectures are compulsory!
Certificates for Building Construction B (S00278) are granted for successful presentation and documentation of the project.
Hand-in for Building Construction A/B/C and/or Integration
please do not forget to incorporate your name, studio, Matrikel Nr., course, drawing scale and very important labeling of different building parts / components / layers / materials / material thickness ;-)
The presentation should include:
1) case study - please get the template with the following link: https://base.uni-ak.ac.at/cloud/index.php/s/EXMYdnv6B5uuJhy
2) a structural concept of the entire project (or a larger part of it as agreed with the tutors)
3) plans, sections, elevations (scale as agreed with the tutors)
4) 3 details 1:10, 3 different details drawn as a vertical section and a horizontal section (makes 6 details in total)
5) exploded assembly drawing of the building envelope
Examples of student work can be found: https://buildingconstruction.at/seminar/bc-b/
Architecture (Master): Building Construction
Individual courses: possible