Ausstellen als künstlerische Praxis
- Methods, techniques and concepts of exhibiting from an artistic point of view
- Processual and performative forms of exhibiting
- Exhibition formats and institutions developed by artists
- Display as an artistic strategy
- Books / publications as showrooms
- Self-reflective exhibition formats
- Interactions of space and work
- During the seminary we will regularly visit (artistic and other) exhibitions in Vienna and discuss them on site.
"Once the wall became an esthetic force, it modified anything shown on it. The wall, the context of the art, had become rich in a content it subtly donated to the art. It is now impossible to paint up an exhibition without surveying the space like a health inspector, taking into account the esthectics of the wall which will inevitably 'artify' the work in a way that frequently diffuses its intentions. Most of us now 'read' the hanging as we would chew gum – unconsciously and from habit."
(Brian O'Doherty, Inside the White Cube, Berkeley/Los Angeles/London: University of Califormia Press, 1999, 29.)
- Regular attendence and active participation
- Lecture about an exhibition
- Development and realisation of an artistic project
- Presentation of the artistic project at a collaborative exhibition / project presentation (approx. Mid-April 2019)
- Period of the seminary: winter and summer semester (October 2018 – May 2019)
- The seminary takes place every two weeks
- Number of participants: max. 12 students
- Teaching language: German
Ausstellung, Display, White Cube, Installation, spatial installation, process art
28 January 2019, 10:00–15:00 Seminar Room 20
29 January 2019, 10:00–15:00 Seminar Room 23 , "Meeting pint: 10 pm, Fluc am Praterstern"
04 March 2019, 10:00–15:00 FLUX 2
06 March 2019, 10:00–15:00 FLUX 2
11 March 2019, 11:00–15:00 Seminar Room 20
13 March 2019, 10:00–15:00 Seminar Room 20
09 April 2019, 10:00–18:00, "Aufbau, Fluc am Praterstern"
10 April 2019, 19:00–23:00, "Eröffnung, Fluc am Praterstern"
Curriculum Allocation and ECTS
TransArts - Transdisciplinary Arts (Bachelor): Theoretical foundations (4.0 ECTS)
co-registration: possible (4.0 ECTS)
Individual courses: possible (4.0 ECTS)