Building Construction B
Institut für Architektur, Baukonstruktion
2019S, Seminar (SE), 2.0 SemStd., LV-Nr. S01983
Focus is laid upon facade connections. Prominent architectural examples (massiv- as well as lightweight construction) will be shown in the seminar. Afterwards development of details for current studio project.
3-day crash course „Building Construction Basics“ on 1, 2 and 3 October 2018, 9:15 to 12 am followed by an exam on 5 October at 9:15 to 12 am. The course and the exam are compulsory for all who wish to complete Building Construction A, B or C!
The seminar consists of 3 parts:
2) A case-study research on a given topic to deepen the understanding of the course contents.
Hand-out will be on the 9th of April and hand-in on the 6th of May.
3) Apply the acquired knowledge to your own studio project.
The construction is to be developed for the current or an earlier studio project. A two-day workshop on the 6th and 7th of May serves as a kick-start. On the first workshop day, the structure and details of a selected building area are sketched on paper. The focus is on a specific topic that relates to the contents of the course. Your work is supported by intensive supervision by the building construction team. On the second day, frequently recurring problems and questions are discussed at the round table. Participation is mandatory. The exercise is continued in individual work and accompanied by regular desk crits. The results will be evaluated/judged by a jury in a final presentation in the 8th of October.
Attendance of the workshop and "The Making of..."-lectures are compulsory!
Certificates for Baukonstruktion B / Angewandter Hochbau SE (S00278) are granted for successful presentation and documentation of the project.
Hand-in for Building Construction A/B/C and/or Integration
please do not forget to incorporate your name, studio, Matrikel Nr., course, drawing scale and very important labeling of different building parts / components / layers / materials / material thickness ;-)
The presentation should include:
1) case study - please get the template with the following link: https://base.uni-ak.ac.at/cloud/index.php/s/EXMYdnv6B5uuJhy
2) a structural concept of the entire project (or a larger part of it as agreed with the tutors)
3) plans, sections, elevations (scale as agreed with the tutors)
4) 3 details 1:10, 3 different details drawn as a vertical section and a horizontal section (makes 6 details in total)
5) exploded assembly drawing of the building envelope
Examples of student work can be found: https://buildingconstruction.at/seminar/bc-b/
05. März 2019, 10:15–11:15 Seminarraum 6 , „Kick-off“ (Vorbesprechung)
12. März 2019, 10:15–11:45 Seminarraum 6 , „Lecture“
26. März 2019, 10:15–11:45 Seminarraum 6 , „Lecture“
09. April 2019, 10:15–11:45 Seminarraum 6 , „Lecture“
06. Mai 2019, 10:15–16:00 Seminarraum 6 , „Workshop“
07. Mai 2019, 10:15–16:00 Seminarraum 6 , „Workshop“
08. Oktober 2019, 10:15–16:00 Seminarraum 6 , „Final-Presentation“
Studienplanzuordnung und ECTS
Architektur (Master): Baukonstruktion (3.0 ECTS)
Mitbelegung: möglich (3.0 ECTS)
Besuch einzelner Lehrveranstaltungen: möglich (3.0 ECTS)