Code & Repräsentation III
Fine Arts and Media Art, Digital Arts
2019S, Seminar (SE), 1.0 semester hours, course number S00816
forensic analysis - data reading - algorithmic control II
Forensic investigation is based on the analysis of discovered or confiscated storage media and contained data sets to reconstruct movement sequences and communication flows. Often this is connected with the question of who has the power of interpretation over the data, and on what preliminary decisions they are evaluated and interpreted.
A method, which is established in the genre of crime film as a common narrative and at the same time as a reference to irrefutable facts, also has its sociopolitical dimension, as for example the investigations of the riots in the course of right wing dominated demonstration in the German Chemnitz in August 2018 showed.
In this Seminar is asked in which areas forensic analyzes are used, how it comes to different perspectives and interpretations and, above all, which art projects (could) result from such records (could
- Presence, discussion, development of own ideas and concepts. Answering three general, substantive questions at the end of the seminar. From this the score will be composed.
- The aim is to develop something according to the own know-ledge and interests. This can be directly related to one's own artistic work or based on research and theoretical considerations.
Finally, some questions about the seminar topics have to be answered in writing.
- There is NO special prior knowledge necessary. The general title has only internal formal reasons.
- The procedure of the seminar is based on a transfer between ideas, research, presentations and short courses of lectures based on a roadmap, which will be sketched at the beginning..
- After the the kick-off meeting, the focus will be laid down.
installation, spatial installation, photo installation, video, media installation, computer animation, digital imaging, interactive art, process art, interventionist art, talk, media art, conceptual, electronic media, associated Concepts
13 March 2019, 10:00–12:00 (preliminary discussion)
20 March 2019, 10:00–12:00
27 March 2019, 10:00–12:00
03 April 2019, 10:00–12:00
29 May 2019, 10:00–12:00
05 June 2019, 10:00–12:00
From 19 February 2019, 20:00 to 14 March 2019, 18:00
Via online registration
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Curriculum Allocation and ECTS
TransArts - Transdisciplinary Arts (Bachelor): Artistic and art technology foundations (2.0 ECTS)
co-registration: possible (2.0 ECTS)
Individual courses: possible (2.0 ECTS)